Tuesday 19 August 2008

a bit of culture.

MIKE, a young stand-up, is halfway through a set.

MIKE: I was in a bar the other day, and funnily enough, an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman all walked in. I was amazed! I went up to them and said "is this some kind of joke?"

There is no reaction from the audience. A man in the audience boos.

MIKE: Was that a boo? What made you boo sir?
MAN: You're shit!
MIKE: I'm sorry you feel that way, fortunately for me though, so is your face.
MAN: Is that the best you can come up with?
MIKE: Oh I can do much better, I just don't want to hurt your little brain.
MAN: Really? Well I shagged your mother!
MIKE: You had to go and ruin it, didn't you Dad?

The audience is disgusted. MIKE walks off. His family doesn't hold talent contests anymore.

No comments: